Rock Paper Sweet

A collection of imaginative wedding ideas & stylish everyday living, from the rings to the favors to the 'happily ever afters.'

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dress Stress

Picking the perfect dress is a challenge - there are soooo many out there to choose from!  I have probably tried on hundreds of dresses over the past few months, and my problem?  I like them all!  Sure, there are definitely some I like more than others, but seriously...I love wedding gowns.  I wish I had the budget to wear a different dress every hour of my wedding day, so I didn't have to pick just one dress.

It's getting to be crunch-time, and I have to get my dress ordered soon so it will be here on time.  I finally decided on the perfect dress - it happens to be one of the first ones I tried on (months ago) and cannot stop dreaming about.  The dilemma is this: the other night my fiance asked if he could look through my wedding catalogues and pick out the ten dresses he likes the most - just to see if they are anything close to the style of my dress.  Obviously, he has not seen me try on any dresses (because we are both traditional in this respect, and don't want him to see me in my dress before walking down the aisle), so I thought it would be fun to see if he even liked the style of the dress I had chosen.

Well, guess what?  His idea of the perfect wedding dress is definitely different than mine.  After he chose his ten favorite dresses, he passed the catalogues to me and said, "I bet you like the poofy, glittery ones."  He knows me all too well.  Below, I have shown several examples of my favorite dresses and the ones he picked out.

Here is the style of dress I have chosen:

David's Bridal (SWG354)

Here are the dress styles he likes (note: he hates strapless dresses, and prefers a slimmer cut than the ballgown style I like):


The dresses he likes are very elegant - I like the first a lot (although, I think you need to have an Amazon-woman's body to pull it off), but the second is too plain for my taste.  I still want to wear the dress I have picked out, but I want my fiance to actually like it.  So, I'm going to try on some more dresses today, in hopes of finding something that has a little of what we both like.  Compromising!

If only I could find this dress Carrie Underwood wore to the 2009 ACM's in a bridal shoppe...I think it would make a great compromise.  It's not strapless or frilly, but it certainly isn't plain-jane or dull.  Best of both worlds:

1 comment:

  1. I actually just bought the Galina gown from Davids bridal (the "amazon" dress" :) And I loved it. I am 5'2, have a but, wide hips, and no boobs and it looked amazing it is very slimming and figure flattering! You should try it!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete