Rock Paper Sweet

A collection of imaginative wedding ideas & stylish everyday living, from the rings to the favors to the 'happily ever afters.'

Friday, July 22, 2011

Learning to Love...the Kitchen

As a newlywed bride, a great deal of my time is spent in the kitchen.  Now don't get me wrong, I love to cook and find it very relaxing and enjoyable; however, keeping it clean and organized can sometimes become a daunting chore when I am making three meals a day for my husband and myself.  I searched Pinterest for photos of beautiful kitchens, hoping that some of these photographs would help me figure out fresh ways to organize the kitchen and keep it clean/user-friendly.  I should mention, too, that some of these pictures gave me great decorating ideas as well!

As you can tell, I love the large, open spaces and a white/neutral color scheme.  To me, it makes the room feel airy and light.  Plenty of storage space is essential, and if you don't have a great deal of extra cabinet space, you can buy some wicker baskets (try Pottery Barn) or ceramic or stainless steel canisters (try Target) to store items in on your counter tops or above the cabinets.  Other must-haves in the kitchen: ample lighting, plenty of counter space for food preparation and easy-to-clean surfaces (counter tops, floors, cabinets and walls).

I hope you will find these kitchens helpful and inspiring in your quest for the perfect, clean and happy cooking space.

Utilize the space above your cabinets for extra storage.

Be sure to have plenty of lighting.

Easy to clean surfaces are very important and will make your life so much easier!


Many appliances can be hidden through custom design - note that in this picture, the dishwasher and the refrigerator blend-in with the cabinetry.


Large, deep farm-style sinks are also a big help when it comes to washing dishes by hand.

Utilize counter space.





I really love the spice rack built-in next to the stove - how convenient!

No comments:

Post a Comment