Rock Paper Sweet

A collection of imaginative wedding ideas & stylish everyday living, from the rings to the favors to the 'happily ever afters.'

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Learning to Love...the Laundry Room

Another chore I find myself doing frequently as a newlywed bride: the laundry.  There is almost nothing I love more than the smell and feel of fresh, clean laundry; yet, there is almost nothing I loathe more than folding and putting away a big pile of laundry.  My sweet husband will usually help out with other various household tasks, but typically I find myself alone in the laundry room.  Every time I complain about having to do this particular chore, my he asks me "What are you going to do when we have kids and the amount of laundry doubles...or worse?!"  Yikes!

I have pulled together some pictures of happy, peaceful laundry rooms that have inspired me to look at my laundry room in a different light.  With a little bit of organization, and by adding a few simple decorations to the room, I can turn my laundry room into a space that is welcoming and comforting.  This way, maybe I can become a bit more enthusiastic about doing this task.  And, if you look closely at these pictures, you may realize that perhaps doing the laundry isn't quite the chore we all think it is.  Maybe the laundry room can be turned into a private, peaceful place where we don't just clean our clothes; rather, we use the time to refresh our minds and relax for a while.

If you can, try revamping your laundry room in a cheerful color with paint or wallpaper.  I love the happy yellow!

A sink can always be helpful in the laundry room, especially for trying to remove stains.

Utilizing storage space and keeping the room organized are very important.

Incorporate peaceful and soothing colors and textures.

Who says you can't decorate the laundry room?  The prettier you make it, the more time you'll want to spend in it.

This laundry room has plenty of storage space and counter tops to fold clothes on.

I am always running out of space to line-dry clothes.  I love that this laundry room has plenty of built in racks for line-drying.

This space is gorgeous!  It seems a little crazy at first, having a comfy chair in the laundry room.  But, if you think about it, why not?  It would be a great chance to sit down and read a book while waiting to transfer your laundry.  I don't know about you, but nobody ever bothers me when I am doing laundry...why not make it a peaceful place to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment