Rock Paper Sweet

A collection of imaginative wedding ideas & stylish everyday living, from the rings to the favors to the 'happily ever afters.'

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The *sweetest* Wedding Gown

Seriously, what is it about bridal gowns that is just so breathtaking?  The fabrics, the textures, the structure, the styles - there are so many gorgeous dresses of all kinds.  It's such a shame that you only get to wear the most beautiful dress you'll likely ever own for one day.  I wish I could wear mine all the time, it was so pretty!

Dylan Lauren, owner of the cute cute cute Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC, got married earlier this summer.  Her father, iconic fashion designer Ralph Lauren, designed her wedding gown.  In an interview with Oprah, Dylan said,

"I told my fiance, 'I may sleep in it.  I might wear it the next day.'  It's really beautiful." 

Her gown was made from silk tulle and featured a nine-foot tiered train.  In the same interview, Ralph Lauren said, "I had to do something that was better than ever before... I mean, it's the only daughter I have - beautiful girl.  I want to just give her something that she'd really treasure and give her something that would be really amazing. I want her to feel fantastic."  Dylan models the custom gown in the August issue of Vogue - I can't wait to pick it up and read all about it!

Credit: Vogue



No comments:

Post a Comment