Rock Paper Sweet

A collection of imaginative wedding ideas & stylish everyday living, from the rings to the favors to the 'happily ever afters.'

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Something Old: Part 2

The previous post left me wanting to share my "something old" with you.  When my husband & I first met, we both bought the same necklace by Traci of Plunge Designs, a small Atlanta-based company.  The necklaces are cast in sterling silver and hand-stamped with the latitude and longitude coordinates of the small coastal Georgia town we were living in at the time.  Part of the proceeds from the necklaces Traci sells are donated to a foundation that helps bring clean water to needy families in coastal villages of Africa and South America.

What made the necklaces special to my husband and I is that we bought them together, long before we knew we would be getting married - the necklaces were with us throughout our entire courtship!  After all this time, my husband still wears his every single day.  He says he likes having those special coordinates with him at all times as a reminder of our time together from the very beginning.  Unfortunately, I lost my necklace somewhere along the way. 

As our wedding day was quickly approaching, I knew I wanted to carry that necklace as my "something old."  Although it was not that old, it was something that had been with my husband and I since the very beginning of our relationship - before we even started dating seriously.  I tied my husband's necklace around my bouquet and carried it with me throughout our wedding ceremony and reception.  We no longer live in the town in which we met and first fell in love, so it is special to have those coordinates with us all the time.  Looking at the necklace always evokes such fond memories of the first year of our lives together - from our first few dates to falling in love.



Traci's necklaces make the perfect gift, as coordinates can be meaningful for a number of reasons.  If you would like to order one with your personal coordinates, be sure to visit her website by clicking here.  Besides necklaces, she also has cuff links and key rings available to be stamped with coordinates.


Do y'all have any "something old" stories or ideas to share??

No comments:

Post a Comment